Benton Franklin Community Trends: Key metrics of economics anc business in the bi-county area
Tri-Cities WA GIS: Listing of available local properties and GIS real estate tool
Tri-Cities Washington...Important facts
- Washington Employment Security Department: Tri-City area one of the fastest growign economies in the state. Tri-City Herald. March 2016
- Top 20 Mid-Size Cities for "Year-Over-Year Growth". Area Development, 100 Leading Locations for 2015.
- Top 10 Cities for Engineers [Kennewick, Pasco, Richland, Washington State #9]. Forbes, 2015
- Best places to invest in real estate in Washington [West Richland #1, Pasco #3, Kennewick #6, Richland #9). nerdwallet March 2015
- Richland, West Richland rank high in best Washington cities for young adult job seekers. Tri-City Herald January 26, 2015/nerdwallet 2015
- West Richland ranked #2 for Best City for young families in Washington. KNDU TV January 8, 2015/nerdwallet 2015
- West Richland one of the safest cities in Washington. Safewise. February 3, 2014
- Washington 7th fastest growing in nation; local counties rank high. KNDU TV. December 31, 2013
- Tri-Cities sees year-over-year job gains in November. Tri-City Herald. December 23, 2013
- Almost 37,200 more Eastern Washington jobs should be available in spring. Tri-City herald. December 22, 2013
- Mid-Columbia growth tops in state. Tri-City Herald. July 12, 2013
additional rankings and accolades
Port Development Projects
Clover Island Redevelopment
Many activities are underway to create a destination waterfront on Clover Island. The adopted Clover Island Master Plan includes the proposed redevelopment of the Clover Island Marina, the former Metz Marina site, shoreline enhancement; transient moorage; consolidation of buildings and redistribution of parking and added shoreline walkways; development of a continuous public promenade, public parking, street enhancement to public access and interpretive area in the cove; and associated land use changes.The plan amendment to enhance Clover Island was adopted by Resolution 2005-04 on January 11, 2005 by the Board of Commissioners. The redevelopment plan includes both physical modifications and land use changes. The plan is intended to promote the redevelopment of the Clover Island, enhance public access linkages, a lighthouse, waterfront promenades and recreational opportunities throughout the area.
For development opportunities in the Clover Island area, contact the Port’s Real Estate Division at (509) 586-1186.
Shoreline Enhancement encourages and promotes tourism, recreational opportunities and educational experiences. Key design features along the causeway and shoreline will enhance the experiences on the island; fostering a connection between the community and Clover Island.
Columbia Gardens...an Urban Wine & Artisan Village
Adjacent to Clover Island, the port and city are working to bring urban wineries to Kennewick's historic downtown by transforming the Columbia Gardens neighborhood. The vision for that area includes a pedestrian-friendly, destination waterfront where residents and visitors can stroll between tasting rooms, restaurants, boutique shops, and an artisan incubator; enjoying outdoor concerts, public art, and watchable wildlife along a scenic nature trail. Wineries will be able to connect directly to a new city-owned effluent treatment facility.
Vista Field (former airport) Redevelopment
Vista Field represents 112 acres in the heart of the Tri-Cities. The former airfield closed to all aviation activity on December 31, 2013. Closing the airport eliminates a $390,000 annual tax subsidy. Closure also provides a unique opportunity to create a regional destination with shopping, entertainment, residential and flex industrial areas. A consultant study for that area, prepared with significant community input, proposed a chain of new public open spaces, parks, and plazas; water features and civic improvements; and possibly even a "canal walk" similar to those in Bricktown, Oklahoma or San Antonio, Texas. Redevelopment would be implemented in phases and designed for connectivity with other neighborhoods--especially the Entertainment District and the Columbia Center Shopping area. Vista Field Airport Planning, Environmental and Economic Analysis. Learn More.
West Richland (former raceway)
The port has begun conceptual planning for development of a Wine Village on land in West Richland. View site assessment for transforming the former Tri-City Raceway site.
For more information, contact the Director of Planning & Development at (509) 586-1186.